Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pot of Gold




From early in Lauren's life, Tom and I focused on working hard, investing and saving money for her future.

We read books and attended meetings and seminars about special needs trusts and making plans for the future.

Our attorney drew up a special needs trust and we did everything possible not to jeopardize her government entitlements. 

Recently, I had a "deer in the headlight" moment.

All the money in the world won't help Lauren unless someone steps up to help her spend it!

I thought, who is going to care enough about her to tell someone she needs new underpants? Not buy them...just tell someone.

Not a very warm and fuzzy thought.

I remain hopeful that someone will be there and care enough to speak up.

But for now, I'm off to the mall to buy her 10 new pair of underpants! Just in case.........
 
Keeping it real!
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment